Day 14: Give 5 things you are grateful for
1. My amazing boyfriend. He encourages me, loves me even when I’m not being lovable, doesn’t let me talk bad about myself, always tells me I’m beautiful even when I can’t face myself in the mirror. He listens to me say what I’ve probably already said a million times. He’s patient. He immediately drops whatever he’s doing just to hold me for a minute and kiss my forehead. I could go on and on ❤️ We first met when I was 14. We’ve both been through hell many times in the years apart from each other. But, now at 25, I’m back right where I belong.
2. I’m beyond grateful for the chance to be in my little sisters life again and actually get to have girl’s nights out. We never really had the chance to get close as she was 3 when I left and moved out of the state and in the care of my mom’s parents till my senior year. She is now here for college and told me she doesn’t care if I suck at being a big sister. That all she cares about is that I do my best ❤️
3. I’m grateful for the “Spoonie” community. A ‘joke’ that goes around the Spoonie groups online is ‘Want to know who truly cares about you? Get diagnosed with a chronic illness.’ not a funny joke, but it hits home with almost all of us, especially those who have little to no support since their own ‘journeys’ began.
4. I’m grateful for the amazing people in my life who love me despite the struggles I have. Who love me even when I’m not loveable. Who are there any time day or night I can call even if I just need to cry and have them listen ❤️
5. I’m grateful for the chance to put myself and my writing out there for the world to see. If my writing can help even 1 person, I’ll pour out my heart and soul. All I’ve ever wanted since I started blogging was to help people know they don’t have to go through it alone anymore. I want someone to read something I’ve written, and for a second, just a second, they know they will make it. They know they can keep pushing on, even if it’s the hardest thing they’ve ever had to do.